Welcome to Parakai School.
We are a semi rural school which is situated 43 Km from central Auckland and nestled warmly in the South Kaipara. We cater for students from Year 1 to 8. Our current roll is 222 students, 40% of our community identify as Māori, 45% identify as NZ European / Pakeha, 8% have Pacific heritage and the rest of our school include families from Asia, South Africa and beyond. The school is part of the Kāhui Ako o Kaipara Community of Learning. We love that our school’s community is becoming increasingly ethnically diverse.
As a kumara does not talk about it’s own sweetness, we decided to ask our children, staff and families what they love about our school: These are some of the messages shared:
- We feel like a family and this is where belong. We love the open door, approachable nature of the team.
- Our children are set up for success with GREAT values and high expectations.
- The quality of teaching and learning is evident as our children can articulate their learning goals and next steps for improvement.
- We value the school’s well-being focus and rich curriculum which focuses on Collaboration, Thinking Skills and authentic problem based learning.
- We appreciate that parents are asked what they value in creating meaningful learning